As a historic country house hotel, the See Villa combines the elegance of the past with the luxury of the present. It is this philosophy that we live every day at our house as we seek to enchant our guests with the tradition and flair of imperial history. For the last 40 years, the See Villa has been managed by us, the Tacolis. We are an an aristocratic family of Italian origin. Since 2014, the house has been in the hands of the youngest generation. A commitment to continuity, a passion for hospitality and the personal efforts of all of the family and the See Villa team are what makes it possible for us to live our vision of creating a unique holiday experience to delight our guests.
Our à la carte restaurant with its lakeshore terrace, specialises in culinary delights such as game from our own hunts (venison, pheasant, wild boar etc) freshly caught fish from the region, fresh herbs from our garden and local fruits and vegetables. As a perfect accompaniment to each meal, we will serve you wines specially selected by our sommelier. Our wine cellar has many distinguished wines in store.
Given the age of the house, (constructed in 1884) the diversity of our rooms is one of its most striking features. No two rooms are alike and each and every room and piece of furniture (most of which was part of the original furnishings from 1884) has its own story to tell. All of this combines to give our guests that sense of history which makes our house so unique.
For guests that arrive by car, we offer free parking spaces as well as charging stations for Tesla and other electric vehicles.
We are very happy to help our guests plan activities around lake Millstatt. Here is a list of the activities we help to organise.
Sports and nature
- See Villa VIP drop and collect service for cyclists and hikers.Let us bring you to the start points and collect you from end points of your tours.
- Assistance in booking boats, e-bikes and water sports equipment, diving and swimming schools
- 33km bike trail around lake Millstatt
- 800 kilometres of cycle and mountain bike trails around the region
- “Nockbike” mountain bike trails
- 100 km of hiking trails
- famous “Kneipp” hiking trail
- Lake Millstatt mountain hiking trail
- Lake Millstatt 18 hole golf course
- Jogging trails
Culture and entertainment
- Trail of country villas and statues
- Cultural night walks through Millstatt
- International music weeks at the Millstatt Abbey
- Millstatt “ceasar festival” (Kaiserfest)
- Nockalm quintett autumn festival
- Komödienspiele Porcia – annual festival of drama at Porcia Castle in Spittal an der Drau
- Knights festival (jousting tournament) Sommeregg castle
- Artistic town of Gmünd
- Carinthian Summer in Ossiach